Here at Michael's Closet and beyond, we want you to be confident in knowing that we’ll partner with you to get you the perfect product. In the event that your first purchase doesn’t work out like you thought it would, there are a few things you should know.
- You have a 30 day initial guarantee through Michael's Closet and Beyond. If you’re outside of that first 30 days, many of our products carry manufacturer’s warranties that can assist you.
- You can cancel your order up until the moment that it’s shipped – after that, it’s a return.
- We don’t have processing fees (unless you are returning a brand-new, undamaged, non-defect item AND want a direct refund to your payment method AND the item has already shipped – then there’s a 10% processing fee). Store credit, replacement, or ordering a different item will give you 100% credit for your purchase - even if you just changed your mind!
- We’ll handle the shipping costs for you (unless the reason for the return is a simple change of mind, or you simply prefer a different item – then you pay shipping back to us). Defective items or products that are damaged during shipping will be covered at no expense to you.
- Some brands have exceptions to Michael's Closet and Beyond return policy and are listed here. Otherwise, just check out the terms for your situation listed below.
- Michael's Closet and Beyond Return Policies:
- Return Instructions
- Undamaged and "In Working Order" Guarantee
- Defective Item Policy
- Damaged Item Policy
- Undamaged and Non-Defective Return Policy
- Replacement or Store Credit
- Refund Policy
- Return Requirements
- Return Form
- Non-Qualifying Returns Policy
- Cancellation Policy
- Gift and Holiday Extension and Instructions
- Return Policy Exceptions by Brand:
Other Policies and Legal Notices:
All products require a Return of Merchandise Number (RMA #) prior to being returned. This number can be obtained by emailing us at email@example.com. All returns must be postmarked no later than 30 days (see Gift Purchase Exceptions below) from the original invoice date (shipping date) and include a printed and completed Product Return Form. In the event of a backorder, we allow 30 days from the receipt of merchandise. If more than 30 days have passed since purchase or receipt (as listed above), then the item has exceeded Michael's Closet and Beyond warranty period and warranty claims will need to be made to the original manufacturer directly.
FOR DEFECTIVE OR DAMAGED ITEMS: All of Michael's Closet and Beyond items are sold new-in-box, never refurbished or used. As such, Michael's Closet and Beyond guarantees that your merchandise will arrive in brand-new, working condition. In the event that damage should occur during shipping, or that a product should arrive with defects from the manufacturer, we will replace the items at no cost to you.
For defective items, if the item is found to be faulty, please contact customer service within the first 30 days email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to report the defect and we will send you a prepaid shipping label to cover the cost of return shipping. Please be advised that some manufacturers require us to have you contact them directly if their item is returned as defective, but we will handle this process for you whenever possible. All defective items will be inspected upon arrival. If the merchandise is found to be defective as stated, then a replacement order will be placed at no cost to you. If the item is found to be without defect, it will be returned to you at your expense. Any defects discovered outside the initial 30-day period must be handled through the manufacturer in accordance with the manufacturer’s warranty.
For items damaged in shipping, you must notify us within 7 days (in order to fulfill your claim, we must file a damage claim with the carrier within the first 7 days or they will refuse it). If you are present at the time of delivery and the box or packaging appears damaged, please inspect the actual item for damage before accepting it (the carrier will wait for you and allow you to inspect the item itself). If you received or refused a damaged item, please call email us at email@example.com and we will handle the damage claim with the carrier (note: this claim could take up to 8 business days be completed), as well as send you a replacement item at no cost to you.
FOR UNDAMAGED AND NON-DEFECTIVE ITEMS: Michael's Closet and Beyond understands that even new-in-box items may not meet expectations. For items where your mind has changed, or the color doesn’t match in your kitchen, or it doesn’t look like you thought it would – we can and will still assist you to get an item that you love. Email to notify us of your desire to change your product and to receive your Return of Merchandise Number (RMA #). Once you have your RMA #, ship the product using a traceable and insured shipping method for your protection. Please allow up to 14 days for return processing and credit issuance.
For replacement or store credit, there is no processing fee or penalty of any kind. Upon receipt of the returned item, you will be issued an email gift certificate with credit for the full value of your original purchase. As stated above, you will be responsible to pay for shipping to return the product, but normal free shipping rules will apply when you re-order.
For refunds, there is a 10% processing fee to cover our initial cost of shipping the item to you as well as credit card refund fees (there are some brands that have specific exceptions and different terms listed below in the Return Policy Exceptions). This processing fee may be waived if you place a qualifying order for the same amount or more. If you would like to have your processing fee waived, please contact us with your order number that shows your replacement order before the return is processed or mark the qualifying re-order number on the space provided on the Product Return Form.
- For damaged or defective items: Please reference our Damaged Item Return Checklist or our Defective Item Return Checklist
- For undamaged and non-defective items: Please reference our Package Return Checklist for best results *NOTE: Item must be unused and in new condition due to the nature of products that we sell*
- Product must include a printed and completed Product Return Form
- Shipping Note: For your protection, we recommend that you use a traceable method of shipment that can provide you with delivery confirmation. We also recommend that the item be shipped insured. Michael's Closet and Beyond is not responsible for lost or damaged returns.
Gift Policy: Once you find that perfect gift, it’s important to know that it’s going to be supported by Michael's Closet and Beyond. If you give (or receive!) a gift purchased from Michael's Closet and Beyond that needs to be returned, simply let our Customer Service team know that it was a gift when you call to set up the return. They'll make sure you get a 60 day return period (instead of the standard 30 days), giving you time to set up all of your party festivities without forfeiting the Award Winning Customer Service support that has delighted so many customers.
Holiday Policy: We know that your shopping needs change as you look for the best deals during the Holiday Season – but it’s not much of a gift if the product isn't perfect! Therefore, from Black Friday until Christmas Eve, all purchases will have a 30 day return period starting from Christmas Day of the same year in which the purchase was made. Merry Christmas to you for finding a great deal AND to your lucky recipient for still being covered under the return policy!
NOTICE: Due to manufacturer restrictions, items from the following brands are required to be processed under the Manufacturer's Return Policy and are NOT covered by Michael's Closet and Beyond General Return Policies:
- Return Policy:
All Enclume products may be returned (customer pays the shipping costs) to the manufacturer within 60 days of purchase for a full refund less a 25% restocking fee. Items must be in factory condition with no signs of wear or use. Customer takes responsibility and will be billed for shipping damages or parts lost in shipment, so insurance and secure packaging are recommended. Credit will be issued at the end of the month following the item's receipt and inspection. See "Return Authorization" for more.
- Cancellation Policy:
Orders of hammered steel, stainless steel, and powdercoat items (those ending in product codes HS, SS, and PC) may be cancelled at any point prior to shipment. Such orders generally ship within 3–5 business days. Orders of copper-, brass-, and chrome-plated products (CP, BP, and CH) are custom made and cannot be cancelled once placed. Customers who have had a change of heart about such orders are urged to seek return action once the item is received, which is usually 4-6 weeks from the point of sale. See "Return Policy".
- Limited Warranty:
All Enclume products are warranted to be free of material defects for a period of five years from the date of purchase. Defective products will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of the manufacturer, provided no misuse or undue wear is found. Customers must obtain a return authorization number from Enclume within this warranty period before returns will be accepted. See "Return Authorization" for more.
- Return Authorization:
A return authorization number (RA) must be obtained by emailing Michael's Closet and Beyond at firstname.lastname@example.org before defective products and returns will be accepted. Items must be shipped (postage prepaid) to the following address within 20 days of receiving the RA:
24 Colwell St
Port Hadlock, WA 98339